Sunday 5 September 2010

I like clean

Strange as it may seem to people who who come to my house - I like things clean.

Those piles of dust, the sixteen copies of Watchtower on the foot of the stairs, the red marks on the wall from where I kicked the pommegranate that time, all there because I haven't found the right tool.

It's not through wont of trying. I have so many gadgets for cleaning, all promise to make my life easier, but none have the wow factor to overcome laziness. I have a higher ratio of cleaning devices to dirt than an NHS hospital ward.

Until now.

Because now I finally have my handheld Dyson DC31.

I've wanted one of these babies for a while, always holding off because of the price tag. Can a handheld vacuum that costs over one hundred pounds really be worth it? I still don't know, but before you write me off as having more money than sense...

It looks like a gun.

It comes out of the box and you have to click things together like a sniper rifle. I'm tempted to get it a silver case filled with black foam inserts to fit the sleek form.

It also has a button that transforms it from a mere 38W of suck into a virtual hurricane of 60W. In layman's terms that's enough to take a wig off a bald man at forty paces. I'm also hoping it'll be enough to suck out those three apple cores that have glued themselves to the inside of my car's ash tray.

The DC31 is small and light, great for sneaking into the hospital with you when that guy with the comb over resents your little moment of fun.

1 comment: