Sunday 20 December 2009

The CAI is awesome!

No, not the Kai, but the CAI.

For those of you who have never watched Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, the Kai I'm talking about was Kai Winn. A character so odious and slimy she could slip between the microscopic gaps in an hermetically sealed air lock. I would actually wish for a transporter accident episode just in the hope she would be welded into a metal bulkhead to give her some compassion and warmth.

But since this isn't Wikipedia it's not the place for in depth discussion of odious Star Trek characters.

The CAI is the Cardiff Arts Institute, and it is AWESOME!

Not because of the funky music room cunningly arranged so that only a handful of people (aka the band) could see and hear the music.
Not because of the hard chairs.
Not even because of the single wash basin in the toilet with four taps (call me strange but I don't really care to be thigh to thigh when washing my hands with a man who has just been touching his penis. Call me hetero if you will).

Nope. It's awesome because of one thing.

They have Lego on the walls.

In case it's not immediately obvious what that means I'll trying to phrase it in another way.

They have Lego on the walls.

Look, here's a picture.









Go here for some more pictures of lego on walls.

If the camera on my phone wasn't so poor I'd have taken a better picture. Perhaps of the phrase "big balls" that someone had put up there. Or of one of the many phallic symbols.

They have flat lego bases glued to the walls and an ample brick supply to suit any need.

How cool is that? A place you can go to listen to some music, have a drink, and play with lego!

In fact the atmosphere is so cool it's actually chilly. I looked up from my recreation of a Mark 7 Sea King Helicopter with fully functioning rotor blades at my date and I actually think I froze a little.

I think I recovered well by letting that drunk guy in the street hug me - it showed my sensitive side.

I showed my humourous side this morning in reply to a text asking if I'd escaped from the crazy hugging man. I said he might have been crazy but he cooked a mean breakfast.

She's been laughing so much at that she hasn't been able to reply.

3 comments:

  1. Now I understand the reverence in which the CAI (not KAI) is held... So how DO you like your eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a side of shame Phil...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LEGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
    (working out how to write swear words) :-)

    ReplyDelete