Thursday 29 October 2009

A new hope?

Today I am unemployed.
No. That's wrong.
Today I'm on holiday.
November the 12th, that's when I'll be jobless.

But that's not right either. By then I'll be full time author! Professional wordsmith. Except that's crap too. Need to be published for that accolade. For that I guess I should finish a piece of work, then launch it, like some young sparrow on its first faltering flight. And just hope it doesn't get taken out in a flurry of feathers by a passing falcon.

A friend of mine thinks it won't be long before I'm wearing a tracksuit and eating chips in John Frost Square with all the other scallies. She is way wrong though. The riverbank is the place to be seen.

She's been saving all the 2-4-1 subway vouchers and cheap pizza meal deals that come her way, and my mum keeps telling me I can come for a meal any time, dropping hints that no member of the family has ever been unemployed.
I keep saying to her I'm a writer.
Watch her shoulders sag a little.
Of course you are dear, she says.



Task for the day: look up the meaning of "alliteration"
Task for the week: buy a tracksuit

1 comment:

  1. Try Primark for tracksuits...
    They're very affordable ;-) x

    ReplyDelete